Reporting Poaching

23 May

One of the areas of particular interest at the recent Angling Trust / Environment Agency forum was about poaching – what it is and how to report it.

There is a very useful short PDF guide from the Angling Trust (see below) but here are a couple of useful pointers:

• Fishing without permission is an offence under Schedule 1 Theft Act 1968 and

• The police are duty-bound to record and deal with it


• If a criminal offence is in progress and/or you are verbally abused or threatened with violence, report the incident to the police via 999, otherwise please do so on 101.

• Environment Agency Reporting Hotline is 0800 80 70 60


Guide_for_Anglers_Reporting_Offences_to_the_Police-Updated-21-04-15d (1)