The Wear Anglers Association (WAA) was formed in 2013 by angling clubs and syndicates on the river Wear, County Durham, to represent them on angling issues common to all clubs and to speak with one voice on these issues.
Currently some of the main items of concern to WAA are:
- reducing the numbers of sea trout and salmon caught at sea in the North East offshore nets and the 2017 Net Limitation Order,
- improving the free upstream and downstream passage of all species of fish,
- predation issues,
- river pollution and the impact on fly life,
- the problem of reducing brown trout and sea trout stocks in the river Wear
- the low number of young and junior club members
- assisting EA bailiffs with regards poaching issues.
Any club, syndicate or riparian owner wishing to find out more about the Wear Anglers Association with a view to joining please use the “Contact the WAA” button at the bottom of the main screen to leave a message.